Monday 17 May 2010

Refreshing my mind

I was really frustrated about the fact that I am practicing so hard, without getting any results. A lot of people say that 'I get results, but act to hard for myself'.
The reason I get frustrated, is since it's really a big dream of becoming a professional gamer. Yes I still got that same dream I am working on really hard.

Right now my plans are to make a good schedule, and think about if it would be good to practice by playing ladder or certain tournaments, since there are a lot of cups.
I think that I am not yet ready for the ladders or most of the cups on ESL, since I think I have to spent my time more wisely: Just practicing, instead of playing.
It takes a lot of time in tournaments, before you face your opponent (In that time you could have played like 3-6 ladder games, which would help me more).

I also spoke to the manager of Serious Gaming about training effectively. The thing he said is that I am training the right way, but have to set goals for myself like: A certain placement in the ladder.
I told him that it would be better if I had more professional practicing partners, and he told me that it's good in some way, because you can discuss things with people who are really good at the game, but that you have to get their by yourself too.
We discussed a lot more, but all to do with the same subject: How I could effectively practice.

Right now I got some really good practice partners, like the players of LowLandLions (zion for example), or Sushi from Serious, and I am on my way to larger my network.
I don't want to be some sort of arrogance guy like: 'Look with who I am practicing with'. I just would like to give some of the other amateur gamers, like me a tip: Try to get a network, and try to find the right players. It's hard, but with ambitions: You'll get there.
In the very beginning I also had no one to practice with, well not the strong players. But by playing LAN's and even online tournaments, you just have to try and make the right contact with them, and be really motivated in your goals.

I hope that I can improve very quickly  now, now that I also had discussions with a lot of various people (Progamers, managers and even my social friends).
Right now I got to make a schedule, and think wisely about 'What to do, to reach my big dream'.

- Boomz0r

No comments:

Post a Comment