Tuesday 18 May 2010

7:30 AM trainings

I started off early in the morning, because my school started around 12:00 I had the time to do this. And next to the fact that I have to study in the afternoon, because of 1 more eximination on wednesday.

I really started thinking about how to get the perfect builds and micro. I made a list of how I could do this:

Macro
  • First step is start to think about what build you would like to go, versus what race and does it work versus the race. If you don't know if it works, just test it out.
  • Ofcourse the timing isn't well yet, so defenitely what you got to work on is timing. You got to have the right amount of minerals/gas and food at the time you are producing units. So you got to exactly know how much minerals and gas you produce per sec, and how much pylons you need and 'at what' time.
    It is really difficult to learn this in a day, but just take the time. You don't have to be perfect in a day.
    For the lazy 'protoss' reader, the mineral production of 10 probes per 25 sec is 280, and the gas production of 3 probes per assimilator/per 10 second is 128.
  • Also a good thing to know is, knowing the build time of buildings/units, so that you can calculate in the build, and so there will be a perfect balance.
  • If you choose for example a 2x gateway zealot push. You should also know: What if it didn't work out, what to do. Or what if it worked out, but the opponent is still capable of playing, what to do next.
Micro
  • To first step is: Knowing the movement speed/attack speed and range of your unit, and the opponents unit.
  • The next step is, how do I control it. This is just 'playing a lot', and try your best, to be in favor.
  • In big groups this is ofcourse very difficult. But what I could say is: Try to micro your low health units, so that you can use them again, without the opponent focussing that unit. If they are still focussing, they have to follow that unit, which causes them to do less damage, since they are moving instead of attacking. The other part is, knowing which unit to have 'were'. It would be defenitely stupid, to have your melee units in the back, and range units in the front, cause than the melee units won't do a thing, and your army would be useless. So defenitely think, about 'how to face your opponent'.
This is something I am really working on now in the morning, cause it's something I haven't been thinking about enough lately, and tonight I have to face my teammate dok\CherrYmooN in the ESL Benelux Funcup #2, and I am defenitely not aiming to lose from him, 'I have to win'.

- Boomz0r

No comments:

Post a Comment