Saturday 3 October 2009

WCG Preperations

Just one day away from the World Cyber Games qualifier of the Netherlands.
In a few hours i will start packing my bags with drinks, food, hardware, strategy notes and other things which are important to me tommorow.

I have been training for around 3 weeks now.
The first week wasn't that intensive since i was very busy.
I was able to train for about 2-3 hours a day that week.


The second week i spended a lot of time on practicing, but there was a little problem because my Warcraft III wasn't working. But i solved it but not in the way it should have been solved.
I didn't had the time to reset my computer so i started focussing on theoretical studies in Warcraft III.
Which actually worked out fine. I think i really got improved by this practice.
Next to this practice i also watched around 8-12 replays day by day and make notes of everything i wanted to write down.


In the last week I did almost the same thing.
Spending my time on studying more of the basics of Warcraft III. I think a lot of people (I didthe same) underestimate the time it takes to learn the full 100% basics of a game, and even if you know all the basics there is still so much you can learn.
Even the professional players keep suprising, like 'FOX|MooN' did in the last tournament (Intel Extreme Masters) doing a great microment with the zeppelin.
I have also been working a lot on my strategies. I have been working on the standard build with various ways to expand this build in different ways.


So tommorow is the day. I still have around 2 - 2.5 hours of practice before packing and getting a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment