Saturday 10 October 2009

Today's dok\Boomz0r news

Thanks for the support for the WCG qualifier, now here are my latest thoughts or stories to share:




Problems solved

After weeks without the ability to practice online because of some Warcraft III problems, which the cause was my firewall and gameport I can finally compete online again, and practice the way it should be.

Contracted by top dutch organisation

For about 4 months I have been studying the game right now and it seems that I am a more talented RTS player than an FPS player, I noticed. I have been playing CS 1.6 for about 2-years without any result, the only advantage about it was that I met a lot of new e-sport friends who were able to motivate me in that way so that I was still in love with playing games in a competive way.

In those months there were several organisations observing me. And what I heard the most is that they were really positive about my motivation, ambitions and hard practice. One organisation took his chance and contracted me since 29 September 2009. That organisation was: DOK Gaming. DOK Gaming has been a top organisation for most of the dutch players I think, they had a lot of teams in different games competeing on a national level, and some even on a international level.

Together with Kevin 'Harstem' de Koning i joined the organisation. And our first tournament was at 4 October 2009 under the name of World Cyber Games Dutch Qualifier 2009.
I didn't set any goals since the players were far more experienced than me, but I have learned a lot and altough I lost it gaved me even more motivation to practice.
My teammate did well as he got to the quarter finals and almost defeated professional player Sushi who plays for Infernal Gamers together with a lot of danish players, which one of them is a well known player (Rosenkill).

Upcoming schedule
Right now there aren't a lot of tournaments/LAN's to attend were Warcraft III is been played. But there are some in a short time, were I will have to practice really hard for.


08.10.09 Rejoin of Eletronic Amateur Series
18.10.09 Dreamhack Dutch Qualifier 2009
31.10.09 NK Gamen 2009 (Dutch Championship Gaming 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment